Stephan Schiffels - PI
- since 2020: W2 Research Group Leader at the MPI for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany
- since 2015: Group leader at the MPI for the Science of Human History, Jena, Germany.
- 2012-2015: Postdoctoral Fellow in the group of Richard Durbin at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK.EMBO-Longterm Fellow from 2012 through 2014.
- 2008-2011: PhD in Theoretical Physics at the University of Cologne, funded by the Deutsche Studienstiftung (German National Merit Foundation).
Dhananjaya Aththanayaka - Student assistant
- Since 2021: Student assistant working on data management.
- Since 2020: Student at Deggendorf Institute of Technology (Healt Informatics)
- Since 2018: PhD student at the MPI Jena.
- 2016-2018: Master Student in Naturwissenschaftlicher Archaeologie, University of Tübingen, co-supervised byVerena Schünemann
- 2013-2016 B.A. in Prehistory and Archaeology of the Middle Ages, University of Tübingen
Lei Huang - PhD student
- since 2022: PhD student at the MPI-EVA.
- 2019-2021: MSc in Bioinformatics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 2015-2019: BEng in Polymer Materials, Tsinghua University, China.
- Since 2020: Postdoc (50%) ERC project MICROSCOPE
- Since 2018: Sample management and project organization at the Max Planck – Harvard Research Center for the Archaeoscience of the Ancient Mediterranean (MHAAM)
- 2015-2018: Postdoc in the BMBF-funded project “Meanings and Functions of Mediterranean Imports in Early Iron Age Central Europe“, Cultural Heritage Department of Baden-Württemberg (2015-2018)
- 2005-2010: Excavations and PhD (University of Kiel, subject: Archaeology) on the subject of the site of Mont Lassois, Burgundy, France.
Sophie Seng - Technical assistant
- Since 2019 technical Assistant at the MPI for the Science of Human History , since 2021 for the ERC project MICROSCOPE
- 2015-2017 Master Student in chemical Biology (FSU Jena)
- 2013-2015 Master Student in Biochemistry (FSU Jena)
- 2010-2013 B.Sc.in Biology/Microbiology (FSU Jena)
Suzanne Freilich - Affiliated Postdoc
- Since 2022: Postdoc at MPI-EVA under supervision of Dr. Alissa Mittnik
- 2019-2022: Visiting PhD student in our group.
- PhD student at University of Vienna, Austria.
Ezgi Altınışık - Erasmus student
- September 2018 - February 2019: Visiting Erasmus student
- Since 2015: PhD student with Pavel Flegontov from Ostrava University, Czech Republic.
Martina Čížková - Erasmus student
- January-June 2019: Visiting Erasmus student.
- PhD student at Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic.
- since 2021: Postdoc at the Institute of Archaeology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague
- 2016-2020: PhD student at the MPI Jena, co-supervised by Wolfgang Haak
- 2014-2016: M.Phil in ancient DNA, University of Melbourne
- 2009-2012: BSc(Hons) in Genetics, University of Melbourne
Tina Saupe - Undergraduate student
- since 2018: PhD student at the Estonian Biocentre, Institute of Genomics, University of Tartu, Estonia
- 2016-2018: MSc in Anthropoloy, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
- 2012-2016: BSc in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics; University of Applied Sciences, Mittweida, Germany. Bachelor's thesis supervised at MPI-SHH, Jena, Germany
- 2014-2015: BSc in Applied Bioscience with Forensic Investigation, University of the West of Scotland, Hamilton Campus, United Kingdom
Margherita Vanni - Erasmus Student
- March - September 2021: Erasmus student at the MPI Jena
- 2018-2020: MSc Anthropological Sciences at University of Florence, Italy
- 2016-2018: BSc Natural Sciences at University of Florence, Italy